This is a test.
God also sends us tests.
They show up when we least expect them. God does not send tests to trick us. Tests are for our benefit, designed to help deepen and strengthen our faith in Him. Unlike THE TEST of long ago, we can face our tests by drawing on the strength of the Holy Spirit, knowing He will bring us through victoriously.
Let’s ask ourselves the same question … will we depend on God to meet our needs?
During times of testing, God often reveals something we depend on more than Him. He loves us too much to let us continue building on the sand.
- Pray. Ask God to give you the strength and grace you need to prosper by this testing process. Also, ask Him to reveal to you what needs to be skimmed off—any sinful attitude, action or habit.
- Cooperate. Believe that God has allowed this test to come to you to benefit you not harm you (Romans 8:28). Claim that promise and rejoice in the blessing that will surely follow.
- Seek. Read and study God’s Word, memorize Scripture, and listen to sermons and podcasts that speak to your present challenge. Spend time in His Presence.
- Minister. There is nothing like helping others to get our minds off of ourselves.
- Share. Please share your current hardship with a trusted mature Christian friend. Someone who has walked the same path can be a great encouragement.
- Rest. Please take extra time to rest and relax. Do something that brings you joy and peace.