Holy Week is a time for us to praise, pray, and prepare ourselves for Easter Sunday. Mary and I would like to invite you to join Only By Prayer as we spend some time together this week doing just that.
Each day this week starting on Palm Sunday, we will post a scripture from the Psalms for you to meditate on. We will use this same post for the entire week, so we will simply add the new scripture to this post each day. Be sure to check back each day. We are taking the suggested reading from the LectionaryPage.net .
Here is a possible way you could interact with each day’s scripture, but feel free to let the Holy Spirit lead you.
- Read the day’s selected verses.
- Praise God using any themes that stand out to you as you are reading.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you to incorporate those themes into your own life, into the life of your family and friends, and into our nation.
- Write down any takeaways you want to remember from that day’s reading and prayers.
- Share any of your praises, prayers, and thoughts in the comment section of the post. Feel free to respond to others’ comments as well.
Thank you for joining us. You’re more than welcome to invite others to journey along with you this week too! We’ll be praying for us all that God will prepare our hearts for Jesus’ Resurrection Sunday.
Jane & Mary of Only By Prayer
Day 1 Palm Sunday
The scripture for today: Palm Sunday-Psalm 118:1-2, 19-29
Day 2 Monday April 15
The scripture for today: Psalm 36:5-11
Day 3 Tuesday April 16
The scripture for today: Psalm 71:1-14
Day 4 Wednesday April 17
The scripture for today: Psalm 70
Day 5 Maundy Thursday April 18
The scripture for today: Psalm 116:1, 10-17
Day 6 Good Friday April 19
The scripture for today: – Psalm 22
Day 7 Holy Saturday April 20
The scripture for today: Psalm 31:1-4, 15-16
Day 8 Easter Sunday April 21
The scripture for today: Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24