In Part 1 of this post, I looked at what was causing my own stress and anxiety, along with some issues that other people have told me they were dealing with too. Today I want to get to the good part: how to manage our stress and anxiety![Read more…]
At Only By Prayer, today we are praying on our online Facebook page about the Coronavirus. I have included the link below. Simply click on the link below and you will be taken to our Facebook page.
From there, please join in by adding your prayer in the comment section and responding to others’ prayers as the Lord leads you. You can check back throughout the day to add more prayers or read what has been posted. Thank you for praying about the Coronavirus with us.
I first noticed this past October some vague feelings of stress and anxiety creeping up on me. After ignoring them for a few days, the feelings gained strength to the point where I could no longer deny them. After years of strong faith and peace, to be facing my old nemesis again was an uncomfortable and unexpected place to find myself in.[Read more…]
Ash Wednesday marks the start of the season of Lent on the Christian calendar. Lent is the time when believers prepare our hearts for the coming of Easter; it’s the time for reflecting on the sacrifice that Jesus made for each one of us when He went to the cross. We can do this in several ways:[Read more…]
Memories of Christmases past shimmer in my mind.
- My sisters and I sneaking out of bed and tiptoeing down creaky stairs, anxious for our first glimpse of the Christmas tree.
- Baking and frosting Christmas cookies.
- Waiting my turn to open the next door on the Avent calendar.
- The scent of incense wafting in the air at Christmas Eve mass.
- Visiting Grandma and Grandpa and Uncles Dave and Bill on Christmas afternoon.
- Holiday singalongs with my huge extended family. Laughter and love float around the room, like angels’ wings.
- Grandma and Grandpa Herrmann singing Silent Night in German.
- The Hallelujah chorus ringing through the auditorium and echoing in my heart.
- My husband noisily putting together a bunk bed on Christmas Eve.
- My own little children excitedly bounding up the stairs on Christmas morning, a bundle of laughter and energy.