Do you have a few minutes today to invest in the future of our nation?
It won’t cost you anything, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home if you don’t want to. That’s because today, Thursday May 1, we are privileged to celebrate the annual National Day of Prayer.
This year’s theme is One Voice, United in Prayer, and the scripture verse is Romans 15:6. “So that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Can’t you imagine hundreds of thousands of prayers rising up to God today as one? I can!
Get Involved in Prayer
We are so blessed to have a nationally recognized day of prayer. Let’s take advantage of it. I’ve gathered some popular resources to show you how easy it is to get involved in praying for America. You’re sure to find something here, whether you’ve got one minute or one hour today to pray.
- First of all, right here at OnlyByPrayer.com, we would love to have you participate by adding your prayers for the National Day of Prayer to the end of this post in the comment section. What’s on your heart this year? Share with others what has your attention.
- The National Day of Prayer website is chock full of several resources to help you celebrate this day.
- National Observance This link will take you to a live stream of the national event held in the Cannon House Office Building in Washington, D.C. on Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST. Congressman Robert Aderholt (Alabama, 4th district) is hosting, and some of the speakers include Anne Graham Lotz, Dr. James and Shirley Dobson, Mrs. Vonette Bright, and Dr. Dick Eastman.
- Local Events This link will help you locate any NDOP events that might be going on in your hometown. Simply enter your zip code or the city and state where you’re located. I found a lunch-hour prayer meeting held at the city courthouse that I’m going to attend.
- Anne Graham Lotz’ Prayer You’ll find a stirring prayer written by Anne Graham Lotz specifically for the National Day of Prayer.
- OneCry.com is holding the One Cry Prayer Summit this evening (May 1), hosted by Moody Radio. It starts at 8 p.m. EST.
- OneCry also has a wealth of other resources. Check out their Monthly Prayer Guides. Why not download the guide for May and get stated praying today?
- Sing your prayers along with Sanctus Real by watching this inspiring video.
Have a blessed day of prayer and don’t forget to post your prayers for our nation below!
Mary Kane says
Help Your people, who are called by Your name, to humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways. Then You will hear us, and heal our land. Help us, dear Father, to leave a legacy of faith and righteousness to those who come behind us. We need You, Your Word, and Your guidance.
In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.
Jane VanOsdol says
We ask that you would clean our hearts of sin. May we turn from selfish thinking to God and others thinking. May America worship you in spirit and in truth. Amen.
Rachel Newman says
Help us to be more like you everyday, and forget about ourselves. Help us to surrender and lay down our burdens and carry out the mission you have given us to do . Lord we ask for help with our nations that they will lay down all their selfish and ungodly way and turn to you for repentance. We need you in this moment. In Jesus name Amen!
Jacqueline Ashley says
We pray for an epiphany of God’s sovereignty. Humble our hearts and clear our vision so we can see how small we are compared to Your Greatness. We are the created. You are the Creator. We are the clay not the potter. Help our country and it’s people set this straight in our hearts and minds. You alone are worthy of praise, Lord. Amen.
Renea Boutte says
Please with our nation help us to turn back towards the teachings of your word and away from the teachings of the world. Forgive us for not always putting you first. Help us to help the children of the world that suffer everyday at the hands of an abusive parent
All my praise goes to you daily. Amen!
Jane VanOsdol says
Amen! Thank you ladies for your beautiful prayers and praise of our Lord!