I must admit it.
I remember the days of lay-away shopping.
Green stamps and bubble gum wrappers.
The benefits of waiting.
Other benefits of waiting …
- It strengthens our faith. John 11:15
- It helps us gain courage. Psalm 27:14
- It brings blessings. Isaiah 30:18
- It helps us receive direction and guidance. Proverbs 3:5-6
I also believe waiting helps to establish an attitude of thankfulness and humility in our heart. It helps us to live in the moment instead of wishing our lives away. To live simple. To rejoice when we have. To rejoice when we have not. Learning to wait a minute.
- What are you trying to push through that you need to wait on God for?
- Are you a habitual rusher? Do your kids constantly ask are we in a hurry again? When was the last time you actually savored something? …a kiss … a piece of chocolate … a good movie … a cozy time with a toddler and a book?
- Take a half hour and linger with God in silence today. You won’t believe how He will refresh your soul and strengthen your heart.
Life is sweet when you wait a minute.