Acts 2:42 lists four things the early church did to grow up in their faith:
1. ” … continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine …”
- What can you do today to put more of God’s Word in your heart?
- Is anything growing in your heart (bitterness, jealousy, sketchy habits) taking up space needed for God’s Word?
- Which type of fellowship do you need to grow your faith, teaching and encouragement or good works?
- Using your answer to point one, what will you do to start growing in fellowship?
3. Breaking of bread (a.k.a. communion)
- What can you sacrifice today to help someone else grow up in Christ … time … Starbucks … a plate of cookies … a personal note of encouragement?
- Name a certain area of life or character quality you need to improve. How can you more closely follow God’s will in this area?
- Grow up and take a step of faith: I will lay aside my will and ask God to work His will concerning _____________________________.
- Thank God for how He will work His will for point 1..
Life is sweet! Grow up!
All rights reserved.