8 Ways to Engage in the National Day of Prayer
Do you have a few minutes today to invest in the future of our nation?
It won’t cost you anything, and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home if you don’t want to. That’s because today, Thursday May 1, we are privileged to celebrate the annual National Day of Prayer.
This year’s theme is One Voice, United in Prayer, and the scripture verse is Romans 15:6. “So that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Can’t you imagine hundreds of thousands of prayers rising up to God today as one? I can!
Get Involved in Prayer
We are so blessed to have a nationally recognized day of prayer. Let’s take advantage of it. I’ve gathered some popular resources to show you how easy it is to get involved in praying for America. You’re sure to find something here, whether you’ve got one minute or one hour today to pray.
- First of all, right here at OnlyByPrayer.com, we would love to have you participate by adding your prayers for the National Day of Prayer to the end of this post in the comment section. What’s on your heart this year? Share with others what has your attention.
- The National Day of Prayer website is chock full of several resources to help you celebrate this day.
- National Observance This link will take you to a live stream of the national event held in the Cannon House Office Building in Washington, D.C. on Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST. Congressman Robert Aderholt (Alabama, 4th district) is hosting, and some of the speakers include Anne Graham Lotz, Dr. James and Shirley Dobson, Mrs. Vonette Bright, and Dr. Dick Eastman.
- Local Events This link will help you locate any NDOP events that might be going on in your hometown. Simply enter your zip code or the city and state where you’re located. I found a lunch-hour prayer meeting held at the city courthouse that I’m going to attend.
- Anne Graham Lotz’ Prayer You’ll find a stirring prayer written by Anne Graham Lotz specifically for the National Day of Prayer.
- OneCry.com is holding the One Cry Prayer Summit this evening (May 1), hosted by Moody Radio. It starts at 8 p.m. EST.
- OneCry also has a wealth of other resources. Check out their Monthly Prayer Guides. Why not download the guide for May and get stated praying today?
- Sing your prayers along with Sanctus Real by watching this inspiring video.
Have a blessed day of prayer and don’t forget to post your prayers for our nation below!