2017 brings new opportunities to use our gifts, develop our skills, deepen our walk with Christ, and impact the world for Christ. On TV the other morning, two ladies shared their New Year’s resolutions—lists of things they wish to achieve in 2017. Good things. Worthy things. Resolutions are good, but they are often forgotten by January 2nd, when the busyness of life sets in again. But what if we tried one thing? One new thing, one old thing, one important thing, one critical thing to focus on for one year. Most of us can handle one thing. Below is a list of one things to spark your imagination:
- One word: I love the One Word movement. Simple. Quick. Effective. Follow the link to choose your One Word for 2017.
- One podcast: Listen to one Christian podcast a day. I love Breakpoint, Insight for Living, Turing Point, and Joyce Meyer Ministries. One Place is a good place to find Christian podcasts.
- One prayer: Commit to pray for one important thing every week day this year.
- One habit: establish one new good habit, or evict one old bad old habit.
- One relationship: Work on one important relationship, partnership, friendship, or courtship.
- One study: start or join one Bible study group this year. And. Finish. It.
- One project: Focus on starting or finishing that one important project you’ve been dreaming about.
- One hour: Devote one hour a day/week/month to prayer, ministry, Bible study, exercise, volunteering, studying etc.
- One composition: Listen to one excellent piece of music a day. Start with Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi and Debussy. Enter a name in a Youtube search bar and listen for free!
- One book: Read one excellent book a week. Please click on the link to find a few good books and get started! 10 Books Every Christian Should Read
It’s not too late to try one thing.
Take a moment to pray and ask God to show you what He wants you to focus on in 2017. Let me know what one thing you are going to work on this year. Leave me a comment below. I’d love to chat with you!
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
all right reserved. copyright 2017