Aromatherapy: Essential Oils Cleaning Spray
Brilliant leaves, crisp apples, and chilly temperatures herald the coming of fall and winter. Unfortunately, along with the changing of the season also comes exposure to colds and flu. Let’s be proactive and explore some ways we can stay as healthy as possible during the next few months. In my next few posts, I’ll explore how aromatherapy and herbs can support us through the fall and winter.
One of the most basic things we can do to fight nasty bugs is to keep our homes clean. I know, it’s a battle, especially with children in and out of the house, but here’s an essential oil cleaning solution that will help you quickly mop up messes and leave a lovely aroma behind. No chemically smell here.
Aromatherapy Spray Cleaning Solution
Keeping your home clean can help prevent the spread of germs that make us sick. Perhaps you love using essential oils in creams and for inhalation, but haven’t considered using them while cleaning. Well, with the antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties of
- Eucalyptus: antibacterial, antiviral
- Lavender: antibiotic, antiseptic
- Lemongrass: antibacterial, anti fungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral
- Rose geranium: antibacterial, antifungal
- Tea tree : antibacterial, anti fungal, antimicrobial, antiviral
By no means does this cover all of the EOs that would be useful in a cleaning solution. This one includes some of my favorites. How about you? Have you concocted a cleaning recipe that works wonders for you? Let us know about it in the comment section.
Here’s to a healthy fall and winter!
- Eucalyptus (radiate or globulus is fine) 5 drops
- Geranium 6 drops
- Lavender 9 drops
- Lemongrass 7 drops
- Tea Tree 6 drops
- 14 oz of filtered water
- Mix this synergy of essential oils and store in a colored, glass bottle.
- Fill a spray bottle with 16 oz of water and add 8 drops of the synergy to the bottle.
- Shake well before spraying.
- Keep out of reach of children.