There’s a movie/book out right now that is causing quite a stir.
Lots of people are talking about it; some are for, and some are against. Either way, the movie is a great conversation starter. Let’s start our own conversation about 13 Reasons Why … we need Jesus.
- He is the only way to God. No matter what anyone says, Jesus is the only way to God. He is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father accept through Him. If you believe the wrong thing, you are still wrong. If you sincerely believe the wrong thing, you are still sincerely wrong.
- He is the only way to heaven. We cannot be good enough, strong enough, work enough, or sacrifice enough to earn our way to heaven. It is only by accepting the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that we will be with Him forever.
- He is the only way we can be saved. All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory on God. It is by the death of Jesus Christ that we are saved from the consequences of our sin. We are saved by the power of His blood.
- He is the only way we are forgiven. 1 John 1:9 states if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We cannot do enough good to “tip the scale” in our favor. Jesus is the only one who can forgive our sins.
- He is the only way we become what we were created to be. Before I was a Christian, I thought I had a plan of how I wanted my life to turn out. It included fame, fortune, and a high school boyfriend. THANKFULLY, God had a much better plan. It is only through Jesus that we will become the best version of ourselves. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Jesus is the only one who can restore all we’ve lost. Jesus is the ultimate lost and found. Whether we’ve lost things because of our sin or the sin of others, Jesus can restore it all. Time, health, wounds, joy, sin, shame, suffering, and strongholds can all be restored by Jesus. Whether it’s been stolen, given, or wasted, Jesus can restore it. “God, your God, will restore everything you lost; he’ll have compassion on you; he’ll come back and pick up the pieces from all the places where you were scattered.” Deuteronomy 3:30. Shattered or slivered. Shards or fragments. He restores them all.
- He is the only one who heals: All of us are the walking wounded, playing hurt in the game of life. We carry our scars and lesions. So does Jesus. But His wounds are different; they heal. Only God can do that. Life from death. Healing from wounding. Health from hurt.
- Jesus is the only one who gives us purpose: In Christ Jesus every person has a purpose, not just your pastor, or the radio preacher, or the evangelist on the speaking circuit. God has specifically gifted and called you to be highly effective wherever he has placed you in life. Every job, vocation, or career is important to His kingdom. In Christ Jesus, you have purpose.
- Jesus is the only one who loves us! No one loves you like Jesus. Not your hubby, your wife or your mama. There is no end to His love for you. It can’t be measured, counted, contained, or restrained. You can’t make him love you more or less no matter what you do.
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
- He is the only one who can recycle all things for our good. God uses all things for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. All things sinful, shameful, frightful, blissful, disgraceful, graceful, beautiful, awful. He uses all things –ful to fill use with His goodness.
- Jesus is the only one who will never leave you nor forsake you. Never. No matter how deep, how wide, how long the sin, the separation, the rebellion, God will NEVER leave you. Cross His heart and hope to die.
- He is the only way to receive joy. There is no joy without Jesus. Fleeting happiness or momentary pleasures are all that is possible apart from Christ
- Jesus is the only way we can be different. Apart from salvation, this is my top reason why we need Jesus. We. Can. Be. Different. Weak can be strong. The fearful can be courageous. The sinful can be made pure.
13 important reasons why we need Jesus.
Which one is your favorite? Leave me a message below. I’d love to hear from you!
By Mary Kay Kane
all rights reserved